The first step for the home owner is to determine where the water is entering and make the necessary repairs to prevent further water and moisture from entering your home. Once all repairs are made, Action will come in and seal off the affected area to eliminate exposure to other areas of the house. Properly outfited in a protective hazmat suit, our licensed and certified technician will use a bleach-based solution to scrape, scrub and fog the mold away. All removed mold, cleaning materials and unsalvageable construction and wall/floor covering will be carefully encapsulated and removed from the house for proper disposal.
We work closely with insurance companies to rid your home of potentially toxic mold. Below are the Specific Recommendations listed on the CDC website for keeping mold out of buildings:
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Use air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Use mold inhibitors which can be added to paints.
- Clean bathroom with mold-killing products.
- Do not carpet bathrooms.
- Remove and replace flooded carpets.
For an inspection and quote, please call us at 860-651-8406.